A general model viewer similar to thingiview will be a very useful example to display models that don't have camera and lights.
The viewer could load the binary format with textures, add a camera and lights and do initial auto zoom.
The viewer could have a simple controls and API to control the lightning, rotation and zoom.
It's not trivial to implement a robust viewer that do auto zoom and support mouse and touch but it seems to be a very common use case.
In the Blender exporter13 votes
Please make an exporter for Solid Works7 votes
Dynamically changes LOD level depending on viewer's location.
A mesh which enables you to stream geometry and add it to the existing mesh.
would be nice if it supports:
- Solid meshes
- point clouds
- mouse picks and all the usual mesh functionality
it would need to have a maximum age or maximum count for geometry.23 votes
Define single axis constraint or up vector constraint1 vote
To define a weight value to a parent for both position and orientation from (0.0 to 1.0) or (1.0 to 100.0) This would also allow for a multiple parent constraint.1 vote
it would be nice if we have a mesh which can select an area.
- a box which can be resized by clicking on its corners
- a selection tool which uses a "pick" on mouse click (so you can select an area on a ground mesh), and draws the lines of the selection on the ground mesh
Another nice one would be a "Draw lines on ground mesh"
- using a pick on mouse click
- creating something like a lasso/rectangle/polygon selection tool
- drawing the line on a ground mesh18 votes
- Don't see your idea?